Talented software developer wanted to join hot SA’s hottest startup
Giraffe is an award-winning, revolutionary mobile recruitment app that aims to help reduce unemployment in South Africa by connecting jobseekers with opportunities and enabling businesses to hire staff faster and cheaper than any other way. Having gained significant traction since launch in March 2015, and raised equity investment from eBay founder Pierre Omidyar’s Silicon Valley VC fund, Giraffe is now looking for a highly talented full-stack developer to expand the development team and help grow the business.
Role and Responsibilities- not just a normal dev job!
You will play a key role in building and managing all elements of the Giraffe platform- incorporating mobile application, web application, database, algorithm, machine learning/AI modules and third party integration. Critically, you will work closely with the lead developer, head of product and other business functions in defining product strategy and design, as well as the overall strategy of the business.
- BSc in Computer Science / Information Systems from a top tier university
- Minimum second class degree (60%)
Essential technical requirements
- 1-2 years’ industry experience as a programmer
- Strong Java or C# skills and experience
- Strong SQL skills and experience, ideally Postgres
- Linux experience
Essential other requirements
- Passion for tech startups and building something BIG
- Interest in algorithmics, AI and machine learning
- Interest in making a strong social impact
- Hard work ethic
- Willingness to learn
- Passion for programming and computer science
- Excellent team working and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to manage ambiguity
- Scala experience
- Front-end / design skills
- GIT experience
- Android development experience
- React/Angular experience
- Sandton, Johannesburg
- Competitive salary + share options
To apply send your CV and cover letter explaining why you want to join Giraffe to firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COVERING LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED!